IT’S FINALLY NOVEMBER. WHY NOT SHOW OFF YOUR COOKING SKILLS AND TREAT YOUR FRIENDS & FAM TO YOUR VERY OWN BRUNCH?
TRS HAS THE PERFECT RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN PANCAKES:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 1/4 cups whole milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1) Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and sugar in a large bowl. Set it aside.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin with the milk, egg and melted butter.
3) Make a well in the dry ingredients then pour in the wet, stirring to combine. Allow the batter to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4) Heat a large sauté pan over medium-low heat and add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan, allowing it to heat for 2 to 3 minutes. (See Kelly’s Notes.)
5) In batches, scoop 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter into the pan to form pancakes. Cook the pancakes on one side until bubbles appear in the center, then flip them once and continue cooking until no longer doughy in the center. Serve the pancakes with your choice of toppings, including maple syrup, fresh fruit, nuts or whipped cream.